Shared by spicytrader [5:23 PM]
Instructions from @spicytrader to set up Futures Trading on NinjaTrader, based on popular demand!
1. Download NinjaTrader (NT) (not sure if you can download version 7 here but try. NT 8 the latest version is nice… faster but needs at least 20 GB RAM and always freezes… I still use Version 7 which works great)
2. Get an annual lease or a lifetime license. The lifetime license which I recommend is $1k. Or you can get an annual license for $600. I’m not sure about the free service and what exactly you can get out of it but you can call them to find out. I think it is only for Simulation so you could start with it to get the hang of trading Futures. With each license type the commissions vary. They are lowest for a lifetime license.
3. Open a Brokerage Account with one of these. I picked Dorman. You will have online access to your account to monitor it regularly. For ES and NQ you need $500 per contract. For GC and CL you need $1k. For commissions and just a buffer, I would start with $1k at least.
4. Set up your NinjaTrader Data Feed (you will get instructions from them how to do it). I use the CQG Feed which is easy to set up)
5. Set up your Charts and Chart Trader. It is quite simple and I can help if needed. I typically a 1 Min Chart with the Chart Trader Activated. You can set up a template to Buy/Sell with a Click and set up a ATM Strategy to Buy/Sell 1 or as many contracts as you want with a fixed Stop and typically you can set up a target but I always get is with No Target and a 16 Tick Stop which I move Up/Down based on Price Action. We can discuss in more detail individually based on your questions.
6. Wire funds to Dorman and it will take about a day or two to show up in your account on NT.
7. Use Chart Trader on NinjaTrader for Trading and use Thinkorswim (TOS) or any other Charting platform for Charting. You can also use the DOM to trade. The default is the Dynamic DOM but the numbers keep moving around to drive you crazy! You can request for Static DOM but the commissions change a little bit… believe it is worth it to pay for the Static DOM.
You can follow the 32trades Chat for Alerts from @32tim and others, along with the ongoing Market commentary to help guide your Entries and Exits.
Goodluck!!!… and please contact me if you need any additional help to set up… Happy Trading!!!: